Basil Genovese Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
A large leaf type basil, this Italian basil seed grows into the ultimate ingredient for cooking up the very delicious, extremely poplar Italian Basil Pesto sauce, Pesto Genovese!
Selected for its flavor, these productive herb plants are easy to grow and belong in every herb garden. Sweet with a spicy scent and taste, it's less likely to become bitter when slow cooking.
- Flavor: Sweet with a spicy aroma and flavor; less likely to become bitter when slow cooking.
- Preparation Ideas: The rich and pungent flavor of this herb makes it perfect for pesto!
- Plant Type: Herb
- Fill Weight (grams): 0.25
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 5-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 85 Days
- Planting Depth: .25"
- Seed Spacing: 10"
- Growing Height: 20-24"
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: Start indoors near a sunny window 6 weeks before transplanting to the garden. Or, sow in the garden in full sun when frost danger is over and ground is warm. Performs best in rows 2 feet apart. Thin or transplant plants to 10 inches apart when they are 2 inches tall.
Suggestions: Use leaves fresh or dry for seasoning. Great for a dramatic background.