Swiss Chard Mixed Colors Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
Our Mixed Colors Swiss Chard seeds will grow into beautiful multicolored stems that brighten both your vegetable garden and your dinner plate!
These stems have an attractive rainbow of colors that have a mild chard flavor. This cool season vegetables seeds will germinate in roughly ten days and be ready for harvesting within thirty to sixty days.
When sowing swiss chard seeds plant two seeds every 6", keeping rows of seeds at least 18" apart.
- Flavor: Mild, earthy and nutty flavors.
- Preparation Ideas: Great variety to sauté or use in stir fries!
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 1
- Grows Best In: Sun/Partial Shade
- Days to Germination: 7-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 30-60 Days
- Planting Depth: .75"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Mixed Colors Swiss Chard seeds 6" apart in rows.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: Seed directly outdoors. Prefers full sun. Sow two seeds every 6". After germination, thin to one plant every 6". Begin harvesting in 4 to 5 weeks. Tolerates light frost without damage.
Suggestions: Harvest stems just above the soil line. Grows back for multiple harvests.