This flat leaved parsley has a very nice flavor which is a favorite for fresh use or for drying. The herb plants dark green leaves make a very attractive garnish. Easy to grow, soak seeds in warm water before sowing. Will germinate in 21-28 days.
- Flavor: Has a slight peppery taste with hints of citrus and has more flavor than curled varieties.
- Preparation Ideas: Great for use as a garnish or in marinades or potato dishes.
- Plant Type: Herb
- Fill Weight (grams): 1
- Grows Best In: Sun/Partial Shade
- Days to Germination: 21-28 Days
- Days to Maturity: 75-77 Days
- Planting Depth: .25"
- Seed Spacing: 10"
- Growing Height: 12-16"
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: Soak seeds overnight in warm water. Start indoors in a sunny location 6 weeks before planting outdoors. Or, sow in the garden in rich, moist, deep soil in sun or partial shade as early as the ground can be worked. Thin or transplant plants to 10 inches apart when they are 2 inches tall. Cut only 2 or 3 stems from a plant as required for use.
Suggestions: For later use, freeze leaves or dry them in the shade. Interplant parsley with roses and tomatoes to enhance the vigor of both. Soak seeds overnight in warm water to speed germination.